Iframe of word documents from sharepoint 2007/10 with internal concluence server

Servershoppen August 23, 2022

Hi

I am trying to get my head around a solution.

I want to show either whole word documents or sections of a word document in confluence. The SharePoint and confluence are hosted on our own server and it will be upgraded to the newest sharepoint with office 365 next year in the organisation. 

I, therefore, have some questions to it:

1. Is it possible to do using an Iframe in confluence, when I don't need an edit function it is only one way of communication needed? 

2. Does it matter if it is a SharePoint or onedrive or another cloud as long as I have the functionality needed in SharePoint and it is only needed to link the documents? 
    it is more if I have to buy an expensive solution when it is only showing that is needed.

3. Is it possible to hardcode it with iframe and word to confluence?

4. is it possible to show only sections of the word document?
  5. Will it work after the confluence server support is ended in 2024? and will there only be clouds to choose from?

Kind regards

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2023

@Servershoppen Welcome to the Atlassian community

The issue that you are not addressing is that SharePoint requires an individual to authenticate before they can see files unless you would like to share the file with the whole world.  So if you are looking to share the document via an iframe in Confluence you first need to address the authentication piece.  This is why there are several apps in the marketplace that allow you to connect SharePoint and Confluence.  Even these apps have their limitations.  So if you are looking to keep the documents private you would need to use an app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events