Iframe JIRA Confluence

Sam Manzi April 17, 2019

Is there a way that i can add an Iframe to confluence BUT just showing a desired portion of the screen?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2019

Hello there!

Sam, you surely can. You can define some dimensions for your iFrame windows and define it as non-scrollable.

This is how I would do it:

1. Insert an HTML Macro in the desired page
  2. Go grab the link to the desired page
    1. For this example I used this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/create-a-support-zip-790796819.html#CreateaSupportZip-Creatingasupportzip
    2. Important here is the #CreateaSupportZip-Creatingasupportzip
  3. Insert the iFrame code in the HTML macro. Here is mine:
    1. <iframe scrolling="no" src="https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/create-a-support-zip-790796819.html#CreateaSupportZip-Creatingasupportzip" width="100%" height="950px" align="center" ></iframe>
  4. Publish the page
  5. Users will not be able to scroll the portion of the site that is being shown

The #CreateaSupportZip-Creatingasupportzip is the ID of the section that I need to show. So, this method relies on this info being available. You can get this information by selecting a title (or anything else, really) and select to "Inspect selection source". Then, you should be able if there is an ID for you to use.

I defined hard limits to my iFrame because I wanted to display that part only. If you use %, it may not show what you need to show.

But the start of the show here is the scrolling="no" parameter. This keeps users from scrolling the content being shown!

So, Sam, let us know if this helps you out!

Reference:

HTML Macro

Creating a support zip

How to put an iFrame into Confluence

Marcel Kleinlütke November 11, 2021

Is it possible to create an iframe of the create issue-screen of a JIRA-project to the confluence space?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events