Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a space is archived, how best do we hide from the Directory of active spaces?

Craig Senior July 23, 2021

We want to hide an archived space from the Space Directory, unless requested by clicking Archived Spaces. What is the best way of hiding it from the list of active spaces?

• Delete the space?
  • Set permissions?
  • Other?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

It depends:

1. Have you archived the complete space simply by setting its space status to "Archive"? Because then it puts the space to "Archived Spaces" category and that's it.
  2. Or have you used the Better Content Archiving app to create the archive space and archive pages from the fresh space to the archive one? Then the fresh space and the archive space are not the same. You can drop the fresh space, the archive space will be kept, but it will contain only those pages that were archived previously.
Craig Senior July 26, 2021

Thanks Aron!
As it turns out, both 1. and 2. apply to our situation - VERY useful.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Hi,

We have good experience with editing permissions, just remove all permissions, then it will not be shown any more. 

Craig Senior July 23, 2021

If I deleted the active space, would that also delete the archive space, or are they independent?

I don't have admin access on the space yet to check, but to me it's possible that we archived the content (pages) of the space, but did not actually archive the space. If that is the case, then my question might be answered by archiving the space.

0 votes
Katie Crick February 18, 2022

Hi Craig,

I want our spaces to be findable in the directory in case someone wants to browse around for old stuff..  so I created an "Archived Spaces" category (we use RefinedWiki to categorize our spaces) and put it at the VERY bottom of the structure.  So if someone really wants to go look, they can wade through the list of ~800 archived spaces. :-)

As part of my official process for archiving spaces:  While in the Space Settings, after I change the status of the space from Current to Archived, I also add "(Archived)" after the space name, in case anyone who goes to a page in an archived space (most likely through a very old link given to them, or a bookmark), they can see the space is Archived.  At the beginning I was also adding a banner in the space layout, but after a while it felt like an unneeded waste of time. :-)

~Katie Crick, PayPal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events