• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

If I post data on Confluence, is it copyright protected?

Let's say somebody stumbles on my confluence page where I will be tracking all my requirements, goals, expectations, and milestones for my project. If somebody takes info from it (recreates my project without me), would they be liable for IP Theft? Is my Intellectual Property safe on Confluence and JIRA?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Nov 23, 2020

Hello @Banning Lyth !

To answer this, I would start by looking into Atlassian documentation on legal topics. You can take a look at them here:

1. https://www.atlassian.com/legal/privacy-policy
  2. https://www.atlassian.com/trust/security/security-practices#building-security-in
  3. https://www.atlassian.com/legal/customer-agreement.jsp

Some interesting topics from our documents:

7.7.1 General. You must ensure that your use of Hosted Services and all Your Data is at all times compliant with our Acceptable Use Policy and all applicable local, state, federal and international laws and regulations (“Laws”). You represent and warrant that: (i) you have obtained all necessary rights, releases and permissions to provide all Your Data to Atlassian and to grant the rights granted to Atlassian in this Agreement and (ii) Your Data and its transfer to and use by Atlassian as authorized by you under this Agreement do not violate any Laws (including without limitation those relating to export control and electronic communications) or rights of any third party, including without limitation any intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of publicity, and any use, collection and disclosure authorized herein is not inconsistent with the terms of any applicable privacy policies. Other than its security obligations under Section 7.5 (Security), Atlassian assumes no responsibility or liability for Your Data, and you shall be solely responsible for Your Data and the consequences of using, disclosing, storing, or transmitting it.

7.7.3 Indemnity for Your Data. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Atlassian from and against any loss, cost, liability or damage, including attorneys’ fees, for which Atlassian becomes liable arising from or relating to any claim relating to Your Data, including but not limited to any claim brought by a third party alleging that Your Data, or your use of the Hosted Services in breach of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party or violates applicable law. This indemnification obligation is subject to your receiving (i) prompt written notice of such claim (but in any event notice in sufficient time for you to respond without prejudice); (ii) the exclusive right to control and direct the investigation, defense, or settlement of such claim; and (iii) all reasonable necessary cooperation of Atlassian at your expense.

I hope this guides you to the right path!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

26 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you