If I can only add the Excerpt macro once to a page how can I extract more than one extract ?

Elise Landreau December 14, 2016

Hello

I would like to extract more than just one extract from a page.

Is it possible?

If yes, how can I do that, please.

Thank you for your answer.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

You can do this with an third party plugin from the marketplace: Multi Excerpt

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

The projectdoc Toolbox provides macros to retrieve multiple excerpts from one or multiple pages.

1. The Transclusion Macro transcludes one or more excerpts from one page (by ids or tags).
  2. The Transclude Documents Macro to run a query and transclude from the pages in the result set.

The macros to transclude from need to be either defined with the Section Macro or the Content Marker Macro. The pages need to be projectdoc documents which requires to have the Document Properties Marker Macro on the page.

Note that sections (fragments with a title) will automatically adjusted to the appropriate heading level (if you are using Confluence 5.8 and up). So if you transclude a section with heading at level 1 to a subsection with level 2, the section heading will render at level 3.

The tip Content Reuse on our website provides some more information on transclusion with the projectdoc Toolbox.

Please note that the projectdoc Toolbox is a commercial add-on available on the Atlassian Marketplace, only available for on-premise installations (no cloud).

Biased alert: I'm one of the authors. smile

0 votes
Elise Landreau December 14, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. In which version this macro is available, please?

Thank you

0 votes
Jennifer Magoon December 14, 2016

You would need to get the multi excerpt macro. Though it works, it slows page loads down a lot. Also, when you update the original location information (source info), the destination information does change, but if you are watching the destination page, you will not be notified of the change though you will be able to see the new information on the page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events