IN PAGE NAVIGATION

Paul May 4, 2021

Hi,

I want to create a confluence page as per the following link with a table of contents on the left and support of inpage navigation and scrolling as per the link:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/guides/get-started/confluence-overview#about-confluence

Apologies in advance if this a stupid question but is there a template that I can use to meet this request.

I want to create dense material and therefore this type of navigation will be super helpful to users.

Thank you in advance,

Paul W

1 answer

0 votes
Patrick Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2021

You can use a table of contents macro, and anchors, to navigate in a page. And use sections and columns (standard functionality or macro's) to lay out your page.

I am sure you can find the documentation.

That is for Confluence server.

Paul May 6, 2021

Thanks, Patrick.  I appreciate your prompt response.

There are some specific points on the sample page that I sent that I want on my page including that the table of contents (TOC) sticks when the user scrolls the main page.

I also want the relevant table of content page item to highlight as the user scrolls the page.

I've read the documentation provided but do not a solution to support this requirement.  I am using Confluence Cloud - so custom Css is not an option for me.

Any further guidance that you can provide would be appreciated.  I have created a two-column page with a TOC using anchors and sections but it is very basic and lacks the professionalism and quality of the example page that I shared.

Cheers

Paul

Patrick Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hi Paul,

As far as I know what you ask is not possible in Confluence. But there might be an add-on that supports it.

Regards,

Patrick

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events