I went to get the number of likes on page. How can get using REST api

Chetan Choudhary October 2, 2017

I went to get the number of likes on confluence page. How can get using REST api

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2017

Hi, 

use GET /rest/likes/1.0/content/{id}/likes, where id is the numerous pageId.

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2017

Thank you it works..

Suppose I want to get just the total count of likes for page is there api for this. 

Richard Cross February 3, 2022

Sorry to necro this thread, but: how on earth did you find this api?  The solution you've given still works some five years later (2022) and yet it's neither documented by Atlassian nor incorporated into their supported REST API.

Helen Setchell May 5, 2023

Also a bit necro...

Was googling for an answer on how to find likes and found this (thanks @Aleksandr Zuevich), but in answer to @Richard Cross the next method I use when I can't find answers or documentation is to open the web dev tools in my browser, select the network tab, reload the page, and then look to see if I can find the relevant request.

Then I hack it around, guessing at the URLs the developers of the api might have come up with, to try and work out what it can and can't do.

This won't always work - it depends how the website devs have built the pages.

I can also try more specific google searches once I have the URL (wrapping the URL in speech marks in google).

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2020

Hello everybody and @Aleksandr Zuevich ,

Any idea how to like a page on user's behalf?

When I use the API above with my API token it works, when I try to do it using the Connect App - no auth error :(

Thanks,

Leo

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2020

Hi Leo,

Have you read about Authorization for Connect apps?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events