I want to show "linked issues" status of an epic in pie chart, how is that possible?

ankit nangia February 24, 2022

I have a epic and is linked to many issues, i want to get a pie chart view on the status of those linked issues

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2022

Hi @ankit nangia 
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Just to confirm on your needs, are you looking for a way to create a graph for the status of "Issues in Epic" of a specific Epic or is it something different?

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Yes I need to create a pie chart for the status of "issues in epic"

Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2022

Great. If that's the issue, then we can do that with out-of-the-box tools. :)

I will soon reply with some steps and you let us know if that helps you.

Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
February 24, 2022

In my example I have Epic SCRUM1-24 with a few Issues in epic linked.

epic1.png

Using the Epic Link custom field, I can create a JQL to search for those issues.

epic2.png

With that, I can save the search as a filter for subsequent usage on a Dashboard or on a Confluence page.

Here's the example of using this filter within a pie chart.

epic3.png

epic4.png

If I want to show something similar within a Confluence page, then I can use the Jira Chart Macro.

epic5.png

epic6.png

I hope that was what you were looking for.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

ankit nangia April 1, 2022

Thanks, it really helped

preeti.singh November 11, 2022

Hi @Thiago Masutti 

I am trying to achieve the same thing but it's not happening and I am not sure what's wrong. Need serious help here.

I have different types of projects and we are trying to capture the Accessibility progress in our Dashboard using a pie chart. We have epic and child issues associated with it. I am able to fetch the epic but not its child issue in the pie chart. 

JQL query is:
project = ABC AND issuetype = Epic AND text ~ "ABC Accessibility" ORDER BY created DESC

I tried this "EPIC Link" = ABC-3223

It doesn't work in my case. I know I am missing something and I need your guidance.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

@ankit nangia 

This is only possible with Advanced JQL Plugins which offer subqueries

Some examples here are

Scriptrunner which offers linked issues searching function --> https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

JQL Search Extensions --> https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214791/jql-search-extensions-for-jira-the-jql-extensions?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Please explore and decide if you need to move ahead with the plugin

Thanks,
Pramodh

Sorry I am not allowed to add plugins

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events