I want to move a page and it's children to a new Space but I want the top page to be the main space page

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

I created a page and it's children under a Space (call Space A).  But I really wanted that main page to be main space page in new Space B.  So how do I migrate the page and it's children to Space B making that page the main space.  Every time I do it they end up orphaned or I can't edit Space B anymore, just gives me pages and stuff.

I have full admin and I'm on Atlassian Cloud

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

Once you move the parent page, select Space Tools -> Overview, click Edit Space Details and change the Home page field to the name of the parent page you just moved.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

Thanks!!!  A little trick I did not know. 

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

That's what we're here for.

Chell Mendiola March 24, 2016

Right on.  Exactly what I needed!

1 vote
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2016

Hi @Susan Hauth,

In case you need the 'move' part of your question answered...

<<So how do I migrate the page and it's children to Space B making that page the main space.>>

1.) Move the initial main page (in Space A) to under the Home page (or really anywhere you wish) in Space B. All its children will come with it.

2.) Perform the steps @Milo Grika shared.

Ah, you just accepted his answer...I'll still send this because maybe '1.)' will help someone else. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events