Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to import a Word Document into a Page, but when I open/edit the page only option is export

dasawey June 23, 2021

I have a Confluence Page called Documentation where I want to post my documents by Report category. When I open the Documentation Page, select edit, then access the ... to select Import, the only option I see is Export. I know I did this yesterday and it worked as indicated in the help topics, but today it will not. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. I have just joined the Confluence team and am trying to set up a Space for my Team.

insert option question.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
dasawey June 23, 2021

I figured it out. I created a new page, selected Import on the pop-out on the right side of the page and selected my file on my laptop. It imported it, I clicked finish and, voila!, I can save it and move it as a sub-page under Documentation.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

you can drag and drop too

Like dasawey likes this
dasawey June 23, 2021

Thanks. I tried that, but all I got was the image. This seemed to work, but my document is filled with a lot of formatting which doesn't transfer, so I think I need to try something different. I have several documents I want to use, and didn't really want to retype or reformat them, but that may be my only option. I appreciate your help. D

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Sorry I guess I misunderstood. I thought you simply wanted to add the document link to the page. Rather it seems like you want to add the text from the document directly into your confluence page. In that case I personally and typically cut and paste information in depending on formatting between the two.

Like dasawey likes this
dasawey June 23, 2021

That is where I think I am going to have to go. I did, however, attach the Word and PDF documents to the page as attachments, so if a User wants to see or download the actual document, they can do so. I appreciate your input. Thank you very much. D

Like Suzanne Casseau likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events