I want to give permission to a specific page of confluence.

青山 明 December 21, 2021

I want to give permission to a specific page of confluence. Specifically, using the REST API, you can specify the PageID of an existing specific page and only the author can update the reference. Other users want to have read permission only, is that possible? If possible, please tell me the API and sample examples that can be realized.

2 answers

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @青山 明 

You can add restrictions to a page via below REST API method -

POST /wiki/rest/api/content/{id}/restriction

You can refer example here.

SInce you are using Free Confluence Cloud plan, you cannot set permissions and you will need to upgrade your plan. Hope this helps.

青山 明 December 21, 2021

thank you for your answer.
I referred to the example, but I'm not sure about the specific parameter values.
Which parameter gives reference / update authority only to the creator?
Also, the plan has been upgraded.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

By default the creator of the page will have edit access to the page, so the creator can add restrictions to other users and groups as shown in the example. You can give it a try by replacing user group values and see if its working for you.

0 votes
Barnali Putatunda December 21, 2021

REST API does not have any separate permission. Permission is based on users.
If you want any page to be restricted for edit by any users other than the author, then put a page restriction & make it edit restricted.
restriction.PNG

The permission setting will be adhered when using the REST API also.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events