Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I want to give permission to a specific page of confluence.

I want to give permission to a specific page of confluence. Specifically, using the REST API, you can specify the PageID of an existing specific page and only the author can update the reference. Other users want to have read permission only, is that possible? If possible, please tell me the API and sample examples that can be realized.

2 answers

0 votes
Kishan Sharma Community Leader Dec 21, 2021

Hi @青山 明 

You can add restrictions to a page via below REST API method -

POST /wiki/rest/api/content/{id}/restriction

You can refer example here.

SInce you are using Free Confluence Cloud plan, you cannot set permissions and you will need to upgrade your plan. Hope this helps.

thank you for your answer.
I referred to the example, but I'm not sure about the specific parameter values.
Which parameter gives reference / update authority only to the creator?
Also, the plan has been upgraded.

Kishan Sharma Community Leader Dec 21, 2021

By default the creator of the page will have edit access to the page, so the creator can add restrictions to other users and groups as shown in the example. You can give it a try by replacing user group values and see if its working for you.

REST API does not have any separate permission. Permission is based on users.
If you want any page to be restricted for edit by any users other than the author, then put a page restriction & make it edit restricted.
restriction.PNG

The permission setting will be adhered when using the REST API also.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

1,047 views 8 42
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you