Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to display a local html file in an iframe macro

Bill OLeary March 7, 2019

I have a tool which creates an html file to describe all of its available control settings.

there are no external links in this file, its just a series of html tables with links to the start of each table

I just want to upload one of these html file to my confluence cloud space and then use an iframe macro to display the contents on a page.

I can't figure out what the url should be for the iframe...

I had tried to just a add a hyperlink to the local file, but confluence won't allow me to open the file without downloading it first which is pretty awkward.

I was chasing down the path of the HTML macro, but it no longer seems to exist in confluence Cloud although there is a lot of current documentation about it to throw me off the course.

2 answers

0 votes
Bill OLeary July 11, 2021

No, I never did. 

If I remember, someone had suggested a html module addon you need to pay for and I tried with that for a little while, but never got what I wanted.

I think the external website in a local IFRAME can get blocked because of security issues. 

Kostas Trikaliotis July 12, 2021

Thank you very much for your response and for letting me know.

Unfortunately, I am not able to use an external addon as I am using confluence in a professional environment.

I will keep searching for that and I will let you know if I find anything. I have tried several techniques but nothing worked yet.

0 votes

BTW I tried to set the URL to this in the iframe which seems like it should work,

when I type that url in a browser, it downloads the html file

https://cadenhance.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/4364623/NET_BOM_cset_report.html

when I do enter that URL,

the IFRAME shows up  empty just like the Preview in the macro07-03-2019-07-50-05.png

Kostas Trikaliotis July 9, 2021

Did you find any solution to your problem?

I am trying to do the same think but no luck...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events