Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I want to display a local html file in an iframe macro

I have a tool which creates an html file to describe all of its available control settings.

there are no external links in this file, its just a series of html tables with links to the start of each table

I just want to upload one of these html file to my confluence cloud space and then use an iframe macro to display the contents on a page.

I can't figure out what the url should be for the iframe...

I had tried to just a add a hyperlink to the local file, but confluence won't allow me to open the file without downloading it first which is pretty awkward.

I was chasing down the path of the HTML macro, but it no longer seems to exist in confluence Cloud although there is a lot of current documentation about it to throw me off the course.

2 answers

BTW I tried to set the URL to this in the iframe which seems like it should work,

when I type that url in a browser, it downloads the html file

https://cadenhance.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/4364623/NET_BOM_cset_report.html

when I do enter that URL,

the IFRAME shows up  empty just like the Preview in the macro07-03-2019-07-50-05.png

Did you find any solution to your problem?

I am trying to do the same think but no luck...

No, I never did. 

If I remember, someone had suggested a html module addon you need to pay for and I tried with that for a little while, but never got what I wanted.

I think the external website in a local IFRAME can get blocked because of security issues. 

Thank you very much for your response and for letting me know.

Unfortunately, I am not able to use an external addon as I am using confluence in a professional environment.

I will keep searching for that and I will let you know if I find anything. I have tried several techniques but nothing worked yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

122 views 4 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you