Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I want to create a searchable RFP Response Library in Confluence using Jira as question source.

Deleted user Oct 02, 2018

I'd like to create a searchable RFP library in confluence and make it easy to search for responses to previous RFP questions.  I'm using Jira 'Issues' and Kanban to manage the creation and workflow of adding and marking responses as 'Done' when signed-off by SME's. All 'Done' issues (RFP responses) are exported to Confluence and organised by tags: Networking, Security, Deployment....  This all works fine.

The problem is finding a clean way to search for content in the responses.  Confluence search returns 'page' level information rather than specific content of the exported Jira 'issue'.

Example: I have an exported Jira issue (which is a question and response to an RFP question).  I'd like to have a search UI that will search the 'RFP Library' page, 'Networking' subpage and retrieve 'issue' details for content matches like "VMWare".

The Confluence searching docs are more confusing than helpful.

Flexibility is key.   Any ideas here?

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user Jan 10, 2019

This is what we figured out.  It works but is not exactly perfect, i.e. no clear way to extract data into docs...

By using the Chrome Jira plugin:

Chrome Bar Integration

To integrate the RFP library into your Chrome search bar, do the following:

Hi John -  I would be interested in implementing something like this at my workplace. Do you have more information to share around your approach and steps?

Hey Evan, not sure what broswer you are on but here is the chrome doc on it.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95426?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

This is actually a cool feature you can do for sites like amazon for personal stuff but also internal sites. You start to type in the URL section the search engine you put into the rule and then you can start searching within the site you set up. 

0 votes

I am trying to build a similar thing,

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Display-Search-results-on-the-same-page-as-the-Page-Tree-Search/qaq-p/953701

this is the best idea I have found so far. It creates a confluence page that has an iframe in it. The URL of the iframe is essentially the search results page. This way you can set the space or project you want to search as well as other features to provide a scope to the search page. When you click on a link instead of changing pages it only changes inside the iframe. There isn't a way to really go back to the search though so it's not quite the best solution.

Also, the search only shows some of the data and not the full notes so you need to open it to read the doc. I am not sure if the search could return the original tickets and those could open in a modal or something.

You can provide custom CSS so perhaps it is possible to hijack the search elements and add some custom behavior but I have not gotten into this. There is most likely a paid subscription that handles this but why pay for the thing you want to use when you can build something half as good for free?!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events