I want to configure smtp mail server in confluence .

When i fill detail inside the mail server, I am getting below error.

An error has occurred with sending the test email:
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 139.128.33.33, port: 25;
nested exception is:
java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
at com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.JmxSMTPMailServer.doSendWithMessageIdSupport(JmxSMTPMailServer.java:143)
at com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.JmxSMTPMailServer.send(JmxSMTPMailServer.java:88)
at com.atlassian.confluence.admin.actions.mail.SendTestEmailAction.execute(SendTestEmailAction.java:60)
at

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

The message is pretty clear - your server can't reach the network.

It's nothing to do with Confluence at this point - you need to fix your network settings so that it can reach the email server.

I checked all the setting and is working properly through cmd. telnet is working fine and mail is going through cmd.

Then you have something blocking just Confluence's outgoing network connection

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] can you help me on this ? I am unable to find the solution.

thanks

I really can't tell you any more - there is something wrong with the route between the Confluence server and the email server.  It's not a Confluence issue, the error says "Network is unreachable".  You need to fix that, and I can't do network diagnosis for you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

547 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you