I want to configure smtp mail server in confluence .

Abhishek Singh May 18, 2016

When i fill detail inside the mail server, I am getting below error.

An error has occurred with sending the test email:
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 139.128.33.33, port: 25;
nested exception is:
java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
at com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.JmxSMTPMailServer.doSendWithMessageIdSupport(JmxSMTPMailServer.java:143)
at com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.JmxSMTPMailServer.send(JmxSMTPMailServer.java:88)
at com.atlassian.confluence.admin.actions.mail.SendTestEmailAction.execute(SendTestEmailAction.java:60)
at

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2016

The message is pretty clear - your server can't reach the network.

It's nothing to do with Confluence at this point - you need to fix your network settings so that it can reach the email server.

Abhishek Singh May 18, 2016

I checked all the setting and is working properly through cmd. telnet is working fine and mail is going through cmd.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2016

Then you have something blocking just Confluence's outgoing network connection

Abhishek Singh May 22, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] can you help me on this ? I am unable to find the solution.

thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2016

I really can't tell you any more - there is something wrong with the route between the Confluence server and the email server.  It's not a Confluence issue, the error says "Network is unreachable".  You need to fix that, and I can't do network diagnosis for you.

Abhishek Singh May 22, 2016

its ok. thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events