Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want get jira issue info in confluence plugins.

Lion April 18, 2023

hello, I use jira and confluence together.  I write a confluence plugin with sdk, It's a servlet filter. I want to get relevant jira info (when i add a confluence link in jira issue, the confluence page will have a connected jira info) of current page. I find out  com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.metadata.jira.service.JiraMetadataService may help, so i include a maven jar below and I can find this jar in Confluence installed path.

<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.confluence.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>confluence-jira-metadata</artifactId>
<version>4.1.9</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

The java code :

@ComponentImport 

private JiraMetadataService  jiraMetadataService ;

@Inject

public void setJiraMetadataService (JiraMetadataService  jiraMetadataService){

this.jiraMetadataService =jiraMetadataService ;

}

but When I install the plugin, It take a long time to find this service. and then timeout. the log output: 

2023-04-18 18:07:16,793 ERROR [Spring DM Context Creation Timer] [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] fail Unable to create application context for [com.zhongtai.confluence-jira-filter], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(&(objectClass=com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.metadata.jira.service.JiraMetadataService)(objectClass=com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.metadata.jira.service.JiraMetadataService))] (from bean [&jiraMetadataService])
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.zhongtai.confluence-jira-filter' has timed out waiting for (&(objectClass=com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.metadata.jira.service.JiraMetadataService)(objectClass=com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.metadata.jira.service.JiraMetadataService))

So Why Spring can not find this Service ? and How to get Jira issue info in confluence plugins? 

1 answer

0 votes
Lion April 18, 2023

I think maybe this class is a service of plugins, and it's not annotated with 

@ExportAsService, so I can not use it in other plugins ?
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2023

@Lion, are you just trying to show Jira information on a Confluence page?  If so, can you get the list of issues with a JQL Query?

Like Ranjan Nanda likes this
Lion April 18, 2023

no, I just add confluence link in jira issue, so the confluence page has a connected jira info.  I want to get this jira info by pageid  in my confluence plugin. 

I can get it by jira-metadata rest api just as the confluence page does, but it's not graceful.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events