• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I need to upload, edit and save an excel doc in wiki itself in a spreadsheet format instead of just having the excel being available through a link on the page. Basically, something similar to what we can do with a wiki page?

I need to upload, edit and save an excel doc in wiki itself in a spreadsheet format instead of just having the excel being available through a link on the page. Basically, something similar to what we can do with a wiki page?

Surbhi Kumar May 5, 2014

uploading, editing and saving an excel doc in wiki itself in a spreadsheet format instead of just having the excel being available through a link on the page. Basically, something similar to what we can do with a wiki page?

5 answers

1 vote
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2014

You can view the spreadsheet on the page "fully", but the edit will happen in Excel. Confluence will kickstart local Excel installation if the office connector is working as it should. ref. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Displaying+Office+Files+in+Confluence

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2021

@Surbhi Kumar 

Polaris spreadsheet AddOn allows you to embed an excel file in a confluence page and to directly edit the documet when you need. 

Please check details. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223556/polaris-spreadsheet-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

Here is a video clip how to embed an excel file in a page. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OELp_2G62oI 

0 votes
CelesteCS July 20, 2016

Hello,

If you need to have that part of spreadsheets functionality, which regards any calculations, you may consider CelesteCS Math for Confluence. There are versions for both Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud.

Assume you have a table with three columns and three rows on your page – from A1 till C3, where row 1 is the header row. The sum calculation formula for rows 2 and 3 will be simple:

SUM(Table1.A2:C3)

There is a plenty of other functions in the macro, so you may perform any calculations using formulas in EXCEL style.

Thanks!

0 votes
Surbhi Kumar May 5, 2014

@Ivar- If I Embed the files in the wiki page then also I cannot Edit in the page itself, please let me know.

@ Adrien- Thanks, I will try those options as well but at this point of time I am looking to do it through Confluence only.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2014

Correct - the edit of the file will happen in the locally installed application, e.g. MS Excel. I believe the saving of the document will be ok, so you do not have to upload it again with the new changes.

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2014
Hi Surbhi,

Try Play SQL Spreadsheets. It is mostly focused on storing tabular data for enterprise, but there are formulas too. At least you can edit the spreadsheets easily from a page view. You can also access this data from other programs, since it's stored in clear SQL tables in a separate database.

Cheers,
Adrien, founder of Play SQL
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2014
Actually, I notice you're using Confluence OnDemand. You can embed a widget from Office360 using CYO Create-Your-Own, which lets you create iframes. I assume there are viable Office 360 widgets which work in read-write mode.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events