I need to transform my confluence KB to a client facing KB

Mike Torgerson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

I understand confluence has the ability to create a client facing KB from my existing confluence support KB.  Could someone please help me how this works?

Thanks 

MikeT 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

@Mike Torgerson welcome to the Atlassian community

There are really two different ways to do this:

1. You can make a space public with anonymous access. (Learn More Here - Information on how to set it up) When you make your content available to anonymous users, this means anyone on the internet. The anonymous access feature can’t accommodate sharing with some anonymous people and not others. It’s all or nothing.  Spaces that are still private will not be visible.  This is only available on paid plans.  
  2. Use your service desk to make KBs available to users who have access to your service desk. If you have a Jira Service Desk or you could start using one this is a really good option.  It keeps the documentation limited to those who can access your service desk.  Users have to login to search the KBs in JSM.  This is a good option if you do not want it open to everyone.  You can still have public sign-up so you are not constantly adding customers but it limits who has access and is not searchable via Google. Using Confluence and Jira Service Management together & Set up your knowledge base with Confluence 
Mike Torgerson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2024

Thank you very much!!!

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2024

@Mike Torgerson please accept the answer to help others.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events