cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to store the confluence-init.properties in a different folder

Deleted user April 18, 2012

Hello,

I am working with Linux and the latest Confluence version 4.2

For some reasons I want to store the confluence-init.properties outside the /opt/confluence/current/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/ folder.

When I stored the file in a different place in the local filesystem and created a symbolic in the folder /opt/confluence/current/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/ Confluence starts not any longer.

Is there a possibility in Confluence to set the path to Confluence-Data/ (and nothing else you will find in the file confluence-init.properties)?

In Jira and Fisheye I have the possibility to set the home directory via an enviroment variable.

I studied the manual and asked some search engines but did not find anything. Has anyone an idea for a workarround?

regards from Hamburg, Kai

2 answers

0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2012

Not sure with validity of your setup (same as Jobin), but

• in linux you could use the hard link instead
  • in tomcat definition context use attribute allowLinking
Deleted user May 7, 2012

Hi Robin,

thank you for answering.

Hardlinks don't work beyond partition borders. So you can't store your target on another partition (which was my intention).

The attribute in Tomcat (allowLinking) could be the solution. But I don't like it because I am not shure if this attribute survives the next tomcat update. My installion will run some years and it is not usual editing the tomcat attributes. I am shure the guy that replaces me will find this modification ... :-)

I hope that the Atlassian developers will change the Confluence code similar to Jira and Fisheye where I have the possibility to set the home directory via an enviroment variable.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2012

Not sure if that's possible and you have tried the workaound - symlinks. Why do you need the property file outside? Maybe there is some other way you can achive what you are trying to achieve?

Deleted user April 18, 2012

Hello Robin,

a symbolic link does not work. I already tried this.

The reason why I would like to store this file somewhere else is: I have two confluence installations and only one data directory. I think the world is much simpler if I have only one file to edit instead of two.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

You cannot have 2 instances sharing the same data directory. If you are trying for a clustered solution, use confluence cluster which needs a separate license!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events