I need to invite a user but do not see an Invite User tab on my user Mgmt Page

Jordan Cooperman December 25, 2015

Followed the instructions below, but do not see an "invite user " tab anywhere ?

--------------

To invite people to sign up: 

1. Choose  > User management
  2. Select the Invite Users tab
  3. Do either of the following:
    • Copy the Invitation Link and paste it into an email message, or onto a page on your intranet, for example
    • Alternatively, prompt Confluence to send an email message for you:
      1. Enter one or more email addresses in the field labelled Email To
        Separate the addresses with commas. For example: john@example.comsarah@example.com
      2. Change the Message if you want to
      3. Choose Send

4 answers

0 votes
Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2015

Well a workaround would be to create a page in a Conflence space, then in the comment area of the page add user mentions like (at)xxx, where xxx is a user name. They will then receive a mail notifying them they are mentionned in a comment, with a link to go to this page, hence being able to log in.

But the URL to use to login should be: https://digitaldiner.atlassian.net/ . You can send this in any mail (I imagine you know their mail addresses).

Regards,

Fred

0 votes
Jordan Cooperman December 28, 2015

Really need an answer to this.  I am trying to set up one of my clients on Confluence and I cannot send them a link or invite them to participate.  They were invited before when I first set them up as a user, but they lost the link and can't log on.  I cannot seem to be able to re-invite them, but also can't delete them and invite them as a new user as the system will not let me delete them only deactivate them... so I am stuck.  Please advise.

0 votes
Jordan Cooperman December 26, 2015

Let me clarify.  I want to re-invite a user who has already been added.  Can I do that or do I need to delete them and add them again as a new user.  See the screen I am seeing - attached.

confluence screen 2.png

0 votes
Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2015

Hi Jordan,

You have to click on the "Add user" button, then fill in the information in the dialog, checking the "Send an invitation emal..." check box,

Cheers,

Fred

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events