I need to create a general access right management concept for our company. Is there any?

Our company has just "gone live" with confluence. The first spaces already do exist. We now need to keep structures in proper order. Therefore, we need a concept of how to manage all access rights. Does anyone have some ideas?

2 answers

Hi,

What exactly are you looking for? Best way to organize people in groups? What permissions you should be giving people?

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Jul 10, 2015

Everything should be done via groups in my opinion. It is tempting to get into one-offs and assign perms to individuals, but in the long run it will become a major pain to manage. We usually create at least two groups for each space. One that can just view the space and one that can edit. You may even have a third for space admins. Basically there should be a group for each role that you will have in that space. Also, if you have LDAP or Active Directory I would recommend hooking Confluence up to that so that you can manage the groups more centrally.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

296 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you