I need assistance writing a custom query against Confluence Postgres instance

Drew McClure January 5, 2021

I am not a DBA but have been tasked with exporting some site directory (over 250 of them) information to .csv.  I can log into my PostgreSQL instance and have some cookie-cutter queries but need some specific reports to be generated, namely:

Space Name, Space Title, Author, Created on, Last modified on, Last modified by and the TinyLink

Any assistance to ease with this task would be great.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

This is a good reason to point out that you should not be trying to read the database.  It's absolutley not designed for reporting or data extracts, and it's the worst possible way to get information out of an Atlassian system. 

You have run into one of the reasons I say this - it doesn't have some of the data you are looking for at all, some of it is taken from the index and some is calculated when it is requested.

Use the REST API instead, it can give you all of that in a single simple hit rather than a pile of recursive joins and calculations.

Drew McClure January 27, 2021

This was very helpful. I also found a website here that includes some other useful information.  https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/info/overview?mode=global

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events