I'm designing a User Guide for our product on Confluence. How can I create a SSO?

Calvin Lin May 30, 2017

I'm building a user guide for our product on Confluence and want to limit permissions for customers that gain access to read through our user guide. I was wondering if the following are possible through confluence:

1. Create a log-in process for clients to auto-populate a "group" that has a certain permission parameter that are granted certain pages to view.

2. Within the left-hand navigation bar, be able to remove the "Blogs", "Questions", "Calendars" or be able to permission them to disappear for a group.

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 11.18.57 AM.png

3. On the right-hand side, the ellipses menu, I would like it so that users of a certain group (E.g. the external clients that will have limited access) can ONLY export to PDF and Export to Word. I really don't want them to get any other permission.

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 11.19.08 AM.png
Can this be achieved through admin access? Please help!

1 answer

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2017

Hello Calvin,

We also use confluence as a documentation site for our single sign-on products. What we did was simply give anonymous access to our space.

Hers is what is looks like: https://docs.kantega.no/ 

For you internal users you can have a default group to which users are added the first time.  

To give access to your customers the process can be either manual or you could set ut SAML. This will make your customer sign in with their organizations identity provider (like ADFS or similar) 

You can then configure a default group to be added the first time they log in. This group membership will give customer access.

As for the page tree, I think that you cannot alter how it`s presented bases on permissions. (blog post links etc)

Cheers,

Lars, Kantega Single Sign-on

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events