I lost admin privileges in Confluence

Brett Lawrence September 29, 2014

We lost front end Admin privileges a few days after upgrading. How can we add the admin privileges in the back end to our admin users?  We tried using This article but had no luck.  We see a user in the Confluence Administrators group but that user does not have the access either. How can we add a user to the Admin group?  We are using a SQL server database.

2 answers

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2014

Hi Brett,

Sorry to hear that, before we discuss the mentioned article, may I know if you are using Crowd SSO. If you are not using Crowd SSO, you should be able to apply the workaround specifically mentioned here.

That particular guide will help you create a new user and add it into confluence-administrators group which is a super-users with unlimited access to Confluence.

Please do let us know if you have any query regarding the mentioned documentation.

Hope it help.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2014

It sounds like you've shut down most/all groups that could get full system admin rights.

On the link you refer to, there should be something about adding the right groups and users back into the admin rights via SQL (Bear in mind  that Confluence needs to be shut down if you change data in SQL and restarted when you've finished).  I'd work through that again, maybe with a clear new group called something obvious like "fix admin group"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events