I keep receiving authentication error when syncing Jira directory 403 forbidden error

Abdullah Fasih November 19, 2019

At the moment I have established application link between bamboo and  Jira through the apache proxy. There is literally no mismatch between the application name mentioned in Jira and the application name i input in bamboo to establish a connection.  i have provided my public ip in my application name within JIRA and create a password as well and still getting the same error. I need to know if there is something else im missing. i even recreated the Bamboo application name and password several times on JIRA. only right clicking and pasting username and password on both ends therefore there should be no typing errors. Also im using amazon elastic ip therefore my public ip never changes even after server restart. 

Network im dealing with 

First server has:                           Second Server:

EC2                                             local

Bamboo                                      JIRA

Apache proxy                             Second Proxy

both proxy have been configured with proxy name proxy port and scheme respectively

Connection test failed. Response from the server:
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page. client.forbidden.exception Go to Jira home

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abdullah Fasih November 22, 2019

Solved it there was private ip issue. I had to put in the bamboo public ip and the proxy private ip  in the application name and password section in jira. This is because jira could not recognize the internal proxy ip as a request coming in from bamboo server. This error was because i only stated  public of bamboo in the settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events