Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I just created an Atlassian account but I can't log in to Confluence

I just created an Atlassian account so that I could request ILLs from the Internet Archive.

As soon as I created my account, I tried to log in to Atlassian so that I could use the Internet Archive plugin.

However, every time I try to log in, Atlassian says that my email address 'doesn't have access to Confluence on atlas-sys.atlassian.net', and the only two buttons on that page say 'Log in to another account' and 'Log out'. 

How do I log in to atlas-sys.atlassian.net properly? 

2 answers

Hi @Bryony Temple ,

you'd need to ask the administrator of atlas-sys.atlassian.net to allow you (or your Atlassian account) access.

Your Atlassian account allows you to log into Atlssian products, however each product has their own rules which accounts they allow to log in.

How do I contact the administrator of atlas-sys.atlassian.net? Do they have an email address?

I'm new to Atlassian. I only recently created this account, and I did so so that I could request ILLs using ILLiad's Internet Archive plugin. I'm finding Atlassian as a whole quite disorienting...

Yes, it is bewildering when you first run into Atlassian stuff.

I had it easy when I started - they had one single product at the time!  Now, it's very different.

Trying to keep it short:

Atlassian have a range of products, some of them dependent on others, but the main three are Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket.

They offer them on different platforms, which I will simplify down to "you run it" (server/dc) and "Atlassian run it" (Cloud)

When it is Atlassian Cloud, it means someone has asked Atlassian to host one or more of those services for them, and when you're trying to get into one of those services, you need to be granted access by that "someone".  In your case, this is probably going to be "ILLiad" 

Here, you have landed in the Atlassian Community, a bunch of people with an interest in talking about Atlassian stuff.  Most of us have no idea what atlas-sys.atlassian.net is, beyond knowing that Atlassian are hosting a Cloud system there.  We know less about it than you do!

Atlassian accounts add another layer of complexity.  I don't like trying to explain it the "right" way because it's long and dull.  I look at the functionality - if you have a google account, you can use it to log into the associated gmail.  And calendar.  And contacts. And maps.  And, and, and.  There's one account, but dozens of systems use it to let you in.  Atlassian accounts are similar - the account I'm logged into the Community here with also has permission to a dozen Atlassian Cloud Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket other systems.

TLDR: Your best bet is to go back to the people who told you to use atlas-sys.atlassian.net - they're the admins who can grant you access.

We can't know who they are though.  We've got less knowledge of any given Cloud system than the people trying to get into it!

No-one told me to use atlas-sys.atlassian.net. Instead, I discovered that website because I needed (and still need) to request some ILLs of entire books for the Internet Archive (I have no money, so I can't buy books), so I went to this webpage: https://help.archive.org/help/inter-library-loan-ill-at-the-internet-archive/

I tried requesting ILLs from the Internet Archive's own ILL service, but they only allowed be to request one chapter from each book, but that webpage also had a list of other ways to request ILLs, which included this: 'ILLiad users: Get the free Internet Archive plugin from Atlas by installing the plug-in from Atlas.  Atlas is the author and maintainer of ILLiad.'

I had never heard of Atlassian or ILLiad before, but I decided to use them because I was unable to use the other ILL services mentioned in that list.

I desperately need to request entire ILLs of several books for a project of mine, and I'm getting frustrated and anxious waiting to be able to use atlas-sys.atlassian.net. Could someone please help me log in to atlas-sys.atlassian.net so I can relax and stop worrying?

I am sorry, "told you to use it" is a bit narrow, there are a lot of ways you might land on an Atlassian system.

I should have been more clear.  You need to contact the administrators of the system you are asking for access to.

You have created, and are using an Atlassian account, which is what they ask you to use for access, but you need an administrator to tell their system that you are allowed in.

The community here has no way to know who the administrators of that system are.  You are going to need to plough through all their other online documentation to see if you can find out how to request access from their admins.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

348 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you