cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I have upload a number of word docs. I search fro a topic and it show me a sentence snipet withe the term and link, great. When I click the link it takes me to the word doc but that is not searchable unless I download it, not great.

I have upload a number of word docs. I search fro a topic and it show me a sentence snipet withe the term and link, great. When I click the link it takes me to the word doc but that is not searchable unless I download it, not great.

peter dallman January 24, 2017

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

And your question is?

peter dallman January 25, 2017

I downloaded my doc library of 50 MS Word docs into CFL Confluence (Confluence).

1. CFL does search the content but when you select the link it opens the document but not to the place where the word or phrase is in the document, and there is no working search function, it is read only, no CTRL F on that open doc? Is it supposed to be opened by Google Docs so it can be searched, it doesn't (I heard a rumor that this is broken code and there is no timeline given on when or if it will ever be fixed).
  2. In order to search that doc I must go back and download it to my drive, then search, is that doc, is that correct? It is a 6 step process. 
  • Search in CFL, hit the link
  • open the doc
  • save the doc to my drive
  • open the doc again (if you don't have Word, you must download and use Goolgle Chrome)
  • hit Ctrl F
  • enter the phrase, search AGAIN!

CFL is only a document locator. Even when I have typed in 50 pages (not an attachment), it searches the 50 pages but will not take (link) me to the phrase location in the 50, I have to find it in the doc by reading all 50 pages, correct or download it as a PDF and then use the PDF search engine. That's how it works for me now which is messy.

Cheers,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events