I have an addon I can identify in the web-gui, but not on the host OS

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

So, I am having trouble with an addon which makes my confluence server unusable without disabling all of my addons;

CATALINA_OPTS="-Datlassian.plugins.startup.options='--disable-all-addons' ${CATALINA_OPTS}"

and then re-enabling them in the web-gui after start-up.

To resolve this, I attempted looking at the server logs, but they aren't enlightening, as they do not appear to identify the culprit.

As such, I am looking to pull jar files from my addons directory one at a time if necessary to identify the problematic addon, though;

IDEALLY I would instead like a way to distinguish the jar files on my host machine from the Confluence web-gui.

I can't be the first person to find value in file-referencing addons in the web gui, and if there is such a list, I would love to find it.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2020

Hi there,

Hope you are having a pleasant week! Could you tell me what you mean when you say that you can identify the add-on in the UI but not on your server? Does that mean that you know exactly which add-on is causing the issue, but not what the JAR file name is? 

You can find the list of JAR files for user-installed add-ons by going to confluence_home/plugin-cache. This will also be in the database on the PLUGINDATA table.

I'm not sure this would be much help to you at this point, but I want to reference How to Manually Remove Malfunctioning Add-ons. It has a few details on troubleshooting problematic add-ons and has more details on bundled plugins as well.

I hope that helps, but if it does not can you please elaborate exactly on how we can help you and what you require?

Regards,

Shannon

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your suggestion.

This is a low priority issue for me, as I have utilized a work-around by setting Confluence to not start with addons enabled.

Regarding your suggestion, the issue isn't finding jar files, it is distinctly identifying which addon I am looking for, as my Confluence addons are quite extensive, and a number of older versions are evident beside their current versions.

They are also somewhat difficult to identify, as they provide the product label, in most cases, but not the developer, and if two products are similar, it can be convoluted to determine.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

Hi there,

I'm still having a bit of hard time understanding what you require.

This is all of the information I know about your issue so far:

1. You have some add-on installed on your site, which is causing some kind of problem for you.
  2. You found the name of the add-on in the UI.

Could you tell me, what is the problem exactly that the add-on is causing in your Confluence site? Can you also let me know the version of your Confluence installation?

When you say that you identified the add-on in the UI, what is the name of that add-on? Is there anything that is preventing you from disabling that via the UI in Manage Add-ons in order to solve the issue? 

If you search the name of the add-on in Atlassian Marketplace, then the Community link on the Support tab should include the tag for the add-on here, which is usually the same as the identifier on the site. As for a master list, the majority of them are listed on Marketplace, but it's still possible to install an add-on on Confluence Server sites that aren't available on Marketplace.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events