Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a couple of users that cannot see images.

Deleted user February 5, 2014

I am an admin on Confluence and I have a couple of users that are not able to see the images on a couple of pages in our wiki. They are getting unknown attatchment where it should be. When I go to the same page I can see the images as can others in the company. This is occuring with both Firefox and Chrome on Windows 7. It seems to be account related but can see no reason on their accounts that would block access to the images.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 3, 2014

I am marking this as answered as I do not think it is an issue any longer.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014

One other idea, and this is a stretch but I've encountered it... If the images are stored elsewhere and just referenced on the Confluence page, then the network access levels can come into play. Worth mentioning since I've been burned by this before.

Deleted user February 12, 2014
<ac:image ac:align="center" ac:border="true" ac:height="760" ac:width="988">
    <ri:attachment ri:filename="07 Key uploaded.png"/>
  </ac:image>

That is a bit of the code for one of the images that the users cannot see. It hosted on the confluence box and referenced on the page. None of the other images are externaly linked either.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014

Check the difference in permissions between a user that CAN see the images and one that CAN'T. It's probably related to the location of the images/attachments. The location may some restrictions that the users who can't see the image are not allowed. Elevate their privileges, or allow anonymous access (or some lower level) on the page that hosts the images.

Deleted user February 5, 2014

The users in question have the same permissions and the page has no restrictions. I updated some macros that were in need of updating due to a plug-in update I did recently. I am hoping that might have fixed it.

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2014

Are those images on the same page or are they on a page with view restrictions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events