I have a couple of users that cannot see images.

I am an admin on Confluence and I have a couple of users that are not able to see the images on a couple of pages in our wiki. They are getting unknown attatchment where it should be. When I go to the same page I can see the images as can others in the company. This is occuring with both Firefox and Chrome on Windows 7. It seems to be account related but can see no reason on their accounts that would block access to the images.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I am marking this as answered as I do not think it is an issue any longer.

Are those images on the same page or are they on a page with view restrictions?

Check the difference in permissions between a user that CAN see the images and one that CAN'T. It's probably related to the location of the images/attachments. The location may some restrictions that the users who can't see the image are not allowed. Elevate their privileges, or allow anonymous access (or some lower level) on the page that hosts the images.

The users in question have the same permissions and the page has no restrictions. I updated some macros that were in need of updating due to a plug-in update I did recently. I am hoping that might have fixed it.

One other idea, and this is a stretch but I've encountered it... If the images are stored elsewhere and just referenced on the Confluence page, then the network access levels can come into play. Worth mentioning since I've been burned by this before.

<ac:image ac:align="center" ac:border="true" ac:height="760" ac:width="988">
    <ri:attachment ri:filename="07 Key uploaded.png"/>
  </ac:image>

That is a bit of the code for one of the images that the users cannot see. It hosted on the confluence box and referenced on the page. None of the other images are externaly linked either.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

468 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you