Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a corrupted global space that I cannot delete.

Deleted user August 3, 2012

One of my other admins created a global space called "Test Space" with short name "TS".

He then tried to delete it and got back the "Space removal long running task - In Progress". The "Removed space" green bar moved across in 5 seconds and he got the: Completion: 100% complete.

But the space still seems to exist. When I went into the "Space Admin"->"Permissions" section. It shows there are no administrators. I added our administrator group AND my own name as full space admin.

Tried deleting the space again ... same result. And again there are no space admins listed.

I assume the space is corrupt but I'm at a loss to figure out how to remove the space.

Anyone have any ideas?

9 answers

0 votes
Niraj Bhawnani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2012

Hi Edward,

Thanks for letting us know about the subspace plugin. It looks like it has been reported before at CONF-26255.

0 votes
Edward Edward August 9, 2012

We had a similar issue when we upgraded Confluence from 4.1.6 to 4.2.8. We didn't have Adaptavist Descendant Notifications plugin installed but found that the issue was caused by the Confluence sub space plugin.

We disabled the plugin and were able to delete spaces again. However, this broke the default dshboard as it wasn't displaying any of our spaces at all. We had to direct users to the Space Directory so that they could get to their respective spaces.

0 votes
Niraj Bhawnani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2012

There is a known issue with the Adaptavist Descendant Notifications Plugin that can cause spaces to not be removed. See CONF-26024.

0 votes
Niraj Bhawnani
Atlassian Team
August 9, 2012

We're still having trouble reproducing the problem. If anyone experiencing issues removing a space could download and install the diagnostic patch mentioned in CONF-26122, that will help us a great deal. Thanks!

0 votes
Deleted user August 6, 2012

Thanks to everyone who responded! I'm going to have my Confluence Admin (Eric Brady) take over the trouble shooting from here so he should be monitoring/reponding to this thread.

Thanks again,

- Jonathan

0 votes
Niraj Bhawnani
Atlassian Team
August 5, 2012

Hi Jonathan,

Can you do a space export of a space you're having trouble deleting and attach it to CONF-26122? This might help us diagnose the problem. Can you also check your Confluence logs to see if any errors were reported there?

Thanks,
Niraj.

Deleted user August 6, 2012

Niraj,

I've asked Mike to get this export to you ASAP. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thanks for your help!

-Jonathan

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2012

See if it can be removed via the remote APIs - Confluence Command Line Interface - removeSpace . Sometimes this can avoid the code path that has a bug.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2012

Hi Jonathan,

It is a bit messy to delete a space directly from your database, however it is possible. Please try the steps provided here and ensure that database backup is available before trying to update your database directly:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Manually+Delete+a+Space

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2012

Hallo there Jonathan

Are you running Confluence 4.2? This sounds like a bug recently reported: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26122

Cheers, Sarah

Deleted user August 3, 2012

Yup ... we're on 4.2.8 I'll be looking for 4.2.13 as soon as it comes out. In the meantime are there any work arounds for this? I didn't see any posted in the bug report you mentioned.

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events