Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Confluence page where the Edit button is disappeared.

Peter Yang March 31, 2022

I have a Confluence page where the Edit button is missing and I'm unable to edit the page. I've checked the permissions and restrictions and it should be working.

4 answers

0 votes
Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hi @Peter Yang ,

The Companion App integration with Confluence Cloud has now been removed, as per this community post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Removing-the-Companion-app-from-Confluence-Cloud/ba-p/1884657

Please see the community post for details. 

Peter Yang April 1, 2022

Why Atlassian do that? We have been pushed to move to the cloud version last year. Now we can't use the Companion App integration anymore because we have MS 365 instead of Google products. Very bad decision of Confluence.

0 votes
Michael Bucher April 1, 2022

Having the same issue here. 

I have deleted the Companion App, deleted all App Data and have reinstalled with no change. Still no Edit in preview with Attachments. I'm on the Cloud version as well with Standard. 

I have tried in Chrome and FireFox with no difference. My Co-Workers have the same issue. 

Checked on my Macbook and Edit button is there for Atlassian Companion and works as expected. However on Windows no luck still. 

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2022

Hello @Peter Yang ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Is it for any specific page or space ? As per current tags it's mentioned as you are facing this Confluence Cloud but it would be great if you can re-confirm?

all pages and spaces.

Yes, I am on the cloud version.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2022

Thanks @Peter Yang  for your quick response. Do you have any other users also facing the same issue? Are the confluence admin or did you check with your confluence admin?

I am the admin. the other uses have the same issue.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2022

If you don't mind, which plan are you in ? Page and Space permissions settings can be accessed anything other than free plan i.e. from Standard onwards till Enterprise.

We are on Jira and Confluence standard plan

There was an "edit" button until yesterday? Did you do anything on the server?

edit-conf.PNG

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2022

@Peter Yang - These are cloud instances and as you confirmed you are on standard plan then you have 9/5 regional support Monday to Friday. Did you check with cloud support team?

Peter Yang April 1, 2022

Thx Suvradip, I am an IT guy who temporarily replaced the role of Jira/Conf admin. Can you tell me how to contact the cloud support team?

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2022

Hi @Peter Yang 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you please check if you have necessary Space Permissions ? Sometimes, those are overlooked and often the cause of such issues.

I double-checked. I have the permission and the page has no restrictions too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events