I have Jira and Confluence on one Ubuntu server. How do i get apache 2 to redirect to both of them?

Edward Rempala December 11, 2015

I looked at the following article
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf57/using-apache-with-virtual-hosts-and-mod_proxy-701435690.html

When I try to do what the file asks, my apache says NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release

Also I tried breaking up the configs into to files, one for jira, and one for confluence. When I do that the server redirects all the traffic to Confluence.

My jira runs on port 8800 and confluence runs on port 8090

I don't have a ton of experience with Apache. and Apache 2 on Ubuntu/Debian is even more complex.

I've been pulling my hair out for 3 days trying to get this to work. Any help? 

2 answers

0 votes
Edward Rempala December 13, 2015

I have Jira and Confluence running on one VM. Apache was installed with Jira. Apache forwards the traffic from Jira.mydomain.com to the Jira application. I'm trying to get my confluence to work the same way. I want all traffic to confluence.mydomain.com to be forwarded as well. I don't have to use Apache I just don't want my users to have to type in port numbers for the address.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2015

Can you just clarify your situation a little bit first? Two applications on one machine? Is Apache on the same machine too? Can I ask why you're using Apache, and what you want your end result to look like?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events