Please see the attached screen shot. I am trying to set up knowledge base with service desk and it is not successful. I am thinking it is because there are 2 instances.
When I go to confluence from service desk it is completely different and not where we have our documentation stored. Please advise so we can clear up why we have 2 instances.
It will depends on which site does your Jira Service Management resides. For example, the arrow is point to the JSM on https://nlplogix.atlassian.net, so it should be connected to the confluence on the same site which is the one above.
This also answers the question on why you have 2 instances. You have one for each site of yours.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Benjamin for taking the time to explain this. Let me see if I can clearly ask my questions so that I am good in my understanding of the sites.
1. Why are there 2 different work management addresses?
2, There is a different confluence address that matches each of the work management sites
3. The service management links to the matching address for confluence
4. What brought this to question was I need to move article from confluence to service desk environment and cannot and they have different confluence addresses. We are wanting to use our knowledge base in service desk and need to get the documents from confluence to it?
Again, thank you for your help in understanding and clearing up this issue.
Hi @Trena Norcia ,
1. Why are there 2 different work management addresses? This happens when you or your company signed up for 2 sites.
2. Yes, when a site is created, you can signed up for what Atlassian products you want for that site. In this case, both sites signed up for Jira Work Management. Hence, you end up with 2.
3. Yes, the Atlassian products on the same site are automatically linked together.
4. A couple of things you can do. One is use the service desk on the site that the other confluence resides on. or use the confluence that the Service Desk you are using resides on. Another option is to export the space and import the space that you need to the other confluence to work on.
Hope this helps.
Benjamin, you have been of most help. Can you direct me with how to address the following issues?
1. We only need the one site but need the confluence items moved to the site they are not in in order to allow the knowledge base to pull the needed articles.
2. CAn you advise me the correct steps to clean this up. so that I can move quickly as we are on boarding an off shore team and need access to the articles in the other site?
3. We would like to merge everything to just the one site.
Again, thank you so much for you prompt responses and help wit this issue.
Can I get some immediate response to this as we need our service environment live on 9/1/2021.
I need to resolve the two different site and merge to 1 site so that Service management can access the correct confluence. Is there a number I can call to reach out to support to get this resolved quickly.
I appreciate any direction to resolve this.
Its fairly straight forward if you haven't have much spaces in the other site. What you would do is just export the spaces 1 by 1 and import them to the confluence on the site you want to keep.
Here's the article that can help you with this:
If you need further support, the Atlassian support contact is below:
Once you are done moving your data, you should have the option to delete the cloud site. I would recommend connecting with Atlassian support, if the site you are canceling has been paid for.
Hello Community! Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events