I dont get "edit with" button for Office editing

Lina G November 6, 2019

I have downloaded Confluence today and the Atlassian app too, but the "edit with" button. does not appear still - the only option is to edit by downloading the file. I am, using chrome. I made a video showing all . this, but cannot upload it here unfortunately

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hello Lina,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us.

Can you share with me a screenshot of the screen that's missing the Edit WIth button? It should appear like it does here:

Companion Spinning Icon.jpg

Secondly, can you confirm that you have this issue on multiple browsers? Are you behind a firewall or proxy?

I'd also like to confirm if you have yet installed the Companion App? You can find a download link from the following documentation: Edit Files 

Lastly, if you're behind a controlled network, have a look and make sure that you aren't blocking any of the Atlassian Cloud IP Ranges and Domains.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Lina G November 8, 2019

Hi

Here you go.   I am not new to confluence and I know how it should be, but when now using the cloud version some functionalities are different for the server UX and this one – a critical one for me – is not working at all

I for sure have installed Atlasian App and no,  I am not behind any controlled network. I have checked how it works on safari – the same story,  no “edit with”

Today the edit with appeared in one case, I made the editing, but could not upload the saved version and the system crashed.  After that -  no "edit with" button again. Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 13.54.11.png

Wishes

Lina

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2019

Hi Lina,

Thank you for providing those details.

Can you just confirm with me that you are indeed on Confluence Cloud? You tagged the question as "Confluence Cloud", but you mentioned in your first post that you downloaded Confluence instead, so I want to be clear on which version you're working from.

In your screenshot, that screen doesn't look right to me, as it should be more like this:

CleanShot 2019-11-11 at 13.51.49.png

Can you tell me how you arrived at the screen you sent me in your example? If you can upload that video somewhere that you took and share with me here, it will help. Sites like screencast.com screencast-o-matic.com are some examples of sites that will allow you to do that.

Regards,

Shannon

Lina G November 11, 2019

hi

Its for-sure a claud version

the screen shot is ok,  when you open. it , move the mouse to the right/slide to the right side of the picture and you'll see the download  icon instead of "edit with"

You picture applauding tab is not working, I cannot insert the screenshot so please use my previous upload

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2019

Hi Lina,

Thank you for confirming! I just wanted to confirm, since Cloud doesn't require that you download Confluence to your server and you mentioned doing so.

As for the issue you were having uploading your video here in Community, the Insert Photos feature does work in general, but only for certain files. In the future, if you need to send us a document or video that is not supported by this feature, you can upload it to a 3rd-party website, like one of the ones I mentioned in my last reply.

Now, for your issue with editing your Powerpoint presentations, I've discovered this behavior is specific to the New Editor on Cloud, and has been logged as the bug below:

• CONFCLOUD-68089 Unable to edit office files in the new editor with Atlassian Companion

As a workaround, click . . . Attachments at the top right-hand corner of your page, and this will take you to your attachments list. From here, you can access the screen that will allow you to edit the files in Office.

Give that a try, and let me know how it goes!

Regards,

Shannon

Andrey Permyakov April 27, 2022

@Shannon S 
Hello
I also encountered this problem.
Tried to use your workaround. But all I see is View/Properties/Delete

Screenshot 2022-04-27 112040.png

Sharmo July 20, 2022

I have the exact same issue as Andrey. I don't see the Edit option either. Can someone help me on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events