I don't see 'upload add-on' link on the 'manage add-ons' page

Bill Leonard August 16, 2015

I don't see 'upload add-on' link on the 'manage add-ons' page.  

Details:

I'm using confluence for wiki pages; it's hosted on atlassian.  I'm trying to have the capability to publicly share my wiki pages.  It looks like I need to buy, install the comala share it plugin. 

I downloaded the plugin's jar but, again, when I go to the 'manage add-ons' page, I don't see the 'upload add-on' link.  The page says 'Manage add-ons.   You can install, update, enable, and disable add-ons here.'

Note that on the top of the page I see 'You have temporary access to administrative functions. Drop access if you no longer require it. For more information, refer to the documentation.'.  I don't understand what this means.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2015

You can't upload addons into Cloud - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Restricted+Functions+in+Cloud+Applications

That addon is not on the list of available addons either, so you can't install it on Cloud.

The message about admin rights means what it says - you have admin rights at the moment, and you should click on the message to drop back to normal user rights when you've finished with admin tasks.

Thanks.   This is quite annoying.  I'm going to have to look for another company. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2015

There are a number of other providers who will host Atlassian stuff for you. The list of experts is the best starting point - https://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts (I should add that I work for Adaptavist, who are on that list)

Thanks very much -- I'll take a look

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events