Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see slack integration in my Confluence Cloud pages - how to enable it?

Matvey Kazakov August 31, 2018

This page tells that Slack Integration is enabled by default: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-for-slack-956709523.html but I don't see menu items mentioned on this page. How to enable them?

Also I don't see Slack in System Add-ons on my cloud instance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2018

Hi Matvey, 

In order to connect Slack to a space in Confluence, you'll need to first access the space > Click on Space Settings > Integrations > Slack notifications tab

You'll see the integration is already on, however it will be necessary to connect your Slack workspace to Confluence's space by clicking on Add subscription. From there, you can select the Slack workspace and channel you'd like to receive the notifications at. 

Let me know if it worked. 

Cody Herb August 31, 2018

We are also having issues with this. There is no Slack Notifications Tab, nor is there an Add subscription... Am i completely blind, or just missing this? - Also yes i'm an Admin.noslack.png

Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2018

Hi Cody, 

Can you confirm if you have Confluence Cloud or server? Thank you!

Can confirm Confluence Cloud, 

Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
August 31, 2018

Hi Cody, 

In order to further troubleshoot the issue, we strongly suggest you open a support ticket with our team. You can contact them here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Please add the following details to the ticket to speed up the process:

1. Slack workspace URL
  2. Confluence Cloud URL  

Thank you!

Thanks for trying Nagila,

I actually already have a ticket in with them, that hasn't had a response yet. So i thought i'd see if anyone already knew anything from the Community. If i ever get an answer, i'll respond back here with the resolution.

Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
August 31, 2018

Hi Cody, 

I investigated the issue further and identified that some customers still didn't get the Slack integration option in the instance because it is still being rolled out. All customers should get it by the end of the day. 

Ahhh! Well there ya go, that makes sense then. I guess i'll just check it out after the weekend.

Thanks a bunch!

Matvey Kazakov September 2, 2018

Nagila, thanks a lot!

Now I see Slack Integration and it works well.

Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
September 4, 2018

Awesome, Matvey! Glad the integration is now working. 

Diego Santana August 14, 2019

I cannot see the slack integration tab either, it has been more than a year from this post, I wonder what's going on

Matvey Kazakov August 27, 2019

Still works for me. Slack notifications about Confluence changes appear almost instantly. I still see Slack integration tab in my Space Settings. No issues at all.

Tomas _tomis_ Netrval April 26, 2023

Hi, I am trying to set slack notification also but receiving an error. Could you help what to do?

error.png

Like Jürgen Telkmann likes this
Radosław Jaszczak June 16, 2023

Having the exact same error as @Tomas _tomis_ Netrval . I would love some help

Like Jillian Ketterer likes this
Jürgen Telkmann February 1, 2024

Is there a solution for @Tomas _tomis_ Netrval error already? I have that problem, too!

Slack notifications are working already for other spaces in our company... Only, the space where we want to have Slack notifications has limited access to a certain group of people. May that is the issue? It works only for open spaces with no access limitations?

Thanks for your help!

Like Jillian Ketterer likes this
Jillian Ketterer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2024

I am also experiencing this error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events