I don't have the option to upload an add-on

Dan Harel July 9, 2014

I wrote a Confluence plugin earlier today. When I test it locally using atlas-run, it works fine. So I packaged it, and now I want to upload it so that I can actually test it on my actual site. However, I don't have the option to upload one.

When I go to the "Manage add-ons" page, this is what I see: http://i.imgur.com/91ou4rq.png

Note the lack of any option to upload my own.

Would anybody happen to know what the problem is?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

You cannot upload addons in OnDemand. It's a restricted function, as Atlassian OnDemand can only support a range of approved addons.

You can upload "connect" plugins, but not the older "version 2" stuff, unless it's on the list of things they can support.

Dan Harel July 9, 2014

Wow. Okay, thanks for the heads up!

So how would I go about testing my add-on?

Edit: Nevermind! I was able to test it via a different local project. For some reason I was getting an error before, but it's gone now. Thanks for the help!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

Run it in a Downloaded version of Confluence. The plugin development kit allows you to spin up test systems quite quickly, so start there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events