I don't have permission to Add Page but I am an Administrator

Lydia Chen January 17, 2012

I have the following privileges. Do any of the following groups grant the ability to add a new page to the Wiki? I don't see the button but I am an Administrator. Thank you.

administrators

balsamiq-mockups-editors
developers
users

In addition, I also added a Gliffy add-in during the signup process. I'd like to check that this add-in exists when I am able to add a a page.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2012

First off, you need to make sure that you are granted with "Create Page" permission in the Confluence space permissions. To access this, you will need a space administrator permission (then, you can go to the space, click Browse -> Space Admin). See this doc for more info.

If you don't have access to the above, browse to the OnDemand administration page, and choose Wiki tab -> Permissions. If you are not part of the Confluence Administrator permission, add yourself to it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2012

It's important to understand that "administrator" really does mean "administrator for the system". It does NOT grant you rights over spaces/projects/data, those should come from adding users to other roles/groups/spaces etc. The model of "admin can do anything" is broken and wrong and I'm glad to say Atlassian don't implement it.

Lydia Chen January 17, 2012

It worked once I understood that I needed to first add a space and then a page. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events