I deleted the original Admin user in Confluence

Emiliano Kamppeter February 20, 2014

and now I can't edit the AD User Directory. I can only test and synchronise...

What can I do to overcome this?

Thanks!

5 answers

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

Emiliano,
In Confluence you should be able to edit the User Directories. You might want to double check if you belong to the confluence-administrators group, which is Confluence's default group for admin powers.
Cheers,
WZ

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

Emiliano,
In Confluence you should be able to edit the User Directories. You might want to double check if you belong to the confluence-administrators group, which is Confluence's default group for admin powers.
Cheers,
WZ

0 votes
Emiliano Kamppeter February 20, 2014

Hi,

well, I do have an admin user. I can also log in to the admin part. What I can not do is edit the "User Direcotries" Active Directory setup I created with the deleted admin user.

Any ideas how to get these rights back?

Thanks!

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2014
0 votes
HosseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2014

Hi,

You may be able to identify and create a new admin by following the steps provided in our documentation:

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events