Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created a blog in my service desk. How do my customers see it from their portal?

Angelina Gale August 5, 2021

I'm trying to figure out where my customers find the blog once they are logged in to their customer portal?

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

I am very curious as to how you implemented this since blogs are a part of Confluence, typically.

Angelina Gale August 9, 2021

Maybe I didn't? I was in my project called Help Desk and was creating articles. When you do this, you get to choose "blank page", or "template", or whatever and one said "Blog" so I chose that one. Now it is separate from the other articles and found here in the picture. How do my customers view this?Snip20210809_135.png

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2021

Ah.  You're in Confluence and I think the only way to do this is to expose the entire space to the internet for anonymous access.  In that case anyone should be able to see it, I believe.

Angelina Gale August 9, 2021

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2021

My pleasure - if this was helpful, and if its not too much to ask, please accept the answer.  Thanks!

Miriam Hopton May 18, 2022

@Rob Horan  quick question for you as this has come up recently: I have the space shared in my ServiceDesk project for any logged in user on the servicedesk end can view documentation.

However, the space permission is set to confluence users only (it is not public). I dont see a way to feature the blog post on my ServiceDesk knowledgebase without making it public; or do you know of a way? - opening the blog post for customers. I feel like the answer to my question is the answer to the original question from this post. 

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2022

Hi @Miriam Hopton ,

I believe you can only see pages from your integrated spaces in JSM, not blogs.

"Once you link your service desk project to a knowledge base, the articles you publish in the knowledge base will automatically display in your service desk's knowledge base."

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/guides/expand-confluence/confluence-and-jira-service-management

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
Miriam Hopton May 18, 2022

@Rob Horan  Thank you SO much for your prompt response and answering my question! The link you provided is very helpful. HIGH FIVE!!

I was unsure about the blogs - I tested myself and wasn't able to see the blogs. its okay, just curious if I missed a possibility that I did not enable. Have a great day!

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2022

I'm glad I could help!

Like Miriam Hopton likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders