It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I couldn´t open and rewrite Power Point documents in Confluence, it works with other applications su

When I am trying to  open my PPT page on confluence and  its not opening. So I came to know that  error in companion app and anybody give suggestions how to overcome this issue 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex K Atlassian Team Jan 28, 2020

Hi @Baig_Mirja__Sattar ,

Could you please provide some more details? What browser and OS are you using? 

Companion is currently not supported on IE, Safari & Edge - see the following KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/cant-edit-files-in-confluence-server-using-atlassian-companion-app-in-internet-explorer-edge-firefox-or-safari-981152695.html

This will be resolved in Confluence 7.3. 

I would recommend raising a Confluence support case and providing Companion logs so that the issue can be thoroughly investigated. See https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-server/

Regards,
Alex

Google  and  Windows-10(64bit)

Alex K Atlassian Team Jan 28, 2020

@Baig_Mirja__Sattar 

Which point does the UI in Confluence get to before the process fails? Are you able to see "Edit with Powerpoint" dropdown from the "Edit with" button? 

When I Click on and choose Edit with powerpoint option and Its not openingconfluence ppt screenshot.JPG

Alex K Atlassian Team Feb 02, 2020

Hi @Baig_Mirja__Sattar ,

This issue indicates that Companion is not able to reach your Confluence Server. First, could I check which version of Confluence you are running? Second, is your Confluence instance set up with SSO? 

Regards,
Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,196 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you