Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I couldn´t open and rewrite Power Point documents in Confluence, it works with other applications su

Baig Mirja_ Sattar January 27, 2020

When I am trying to  open my PPT page on confluence and  its not opening. So I came to know that  error in companion app and anybody give suggestions how to overcome this issue 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Baig Mirja_ Sattar October 29, 2020

Hi 

After upgrading our confluence servers and companion App problem got resolved.

BR,

Sattar

0 votes
Parul Trivedi October 27, 2020

We are having the same issue as reported above. Has this been resolved?

Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2020

@Parul Trivedi 

Which browser are you using? I would highly recommend upgrading to Confluence 7.3+ as the file editing experience with Companion is significantly improved and does not have this bug. 

As I mentioned above, this could be an authentication issue where Companion cannot connect to Confluence. This is often due to a transparent SSO (with reverse proxy) in front of the Confluence instance. Is your Confluence setup similar to this? 

Regards,
Alex (Atlassian Developer)

Parul Trivedi October 29, 2020

Hi @Alex K ,

Thanks for replying to me. I was trying this on Chrome. 

Yes. I read somewhere that we need to upgrade. 

Thanks,

Parul

Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2020

Hi @Parul Trivedi ,

Chrome is still supported in older versions. If you're having the same error as Baig, then it indicates that Companion cannot reach your Confluence Server. 

Do you know if your environment is similar to as I described above? Do you have an SSO with your Confluence instance? 

We have a section in our documentation for how to resolve that problem on Confluence 7.3+

Regards,
Alex

0 votes
Alex K
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2020

Hi @Baig Mirja_ Sattar ,

Could you please provide some more details? What browser and OS are you using? 

Companion is currently not supported on IE, Safari & Edge - see the following KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/cant-edit-files-in-confluence-server-using-atlassian-companion-app-in-internet-explorer-edge-firefox-or-safari-981152695.html

This will be resolved in Confluence 7.3. 

I would recommend raising a Confluence support case and providing Companion logs so that the issue can be thoroughly investigated. See https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-server/

Regards,
Alex

Baig Mirja_ Sattar January 28, 2020

Google  and  Windows-10(64bit)

Alex K
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2020

@Baig Mirja_ Sattar 

Which point does the UI in Confluence get to before the process fails? Are you able to see "Edit with Powerpoint" dropdown from the "Edit with" button? 

Baig Mirja_ Sattar January 28, 2020

When I Click on and choose Edit with powerpoint option and Its not openingconfluence ppt screenshot.JPG

Alex K
Atlassian Team
February 2, 2020

Hi @Baig Mirja_ Sattar ,

This issue indicates that Companion is not able to reach your Confluence Server. First, could I check which version of Confluence you are running? Second, is your Confluence instance set up with SSO? 

Regards,
Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events