• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I cant find the manage add-on option

Hello

Im new to confluence and Jira - i am looking to add a plug-in but can't find where to get the Manage add-ons option as directed below

• Navigate to the administration section. You may need to log in again (we're super secure).
  • Choose "Add-Ons", then navigate to "Manage Add-Ons" (the "Install" section in older versions).
  • Click the "Upload Add-On" link and upload this file.

I know i am definitely missing something - please help

2 answers

Hi Robin! For Confluence Cloud it's a little different from the initial menu, you go to Settings
set.PNG

And on the next page that it shows, you have to look for the Atlassian Marketplace section, and select Manage Apps

apps.PNG

And lastly what I can see is that you want to uploud an add-on, which is not how it works on cloud, only on the server version is where you can uploud add-ons, on cloud you need to install them from the marketplace, hope this helps :)

What about Jira?

Menu is in the same place as it is in Confluence.

But the screenshot above is of the old Cloud layout, which has finally being dumped in favour of the better across-the-top layout.

Look for the cog icon near the top right of the screen

After clicking this: https://example.atlassian.net/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa 

In the Top + Right side, settings icon is there, when I click there is no Administration option is available.

0 votes

Note that if you don't have "manage apps" in there, then you are not an admin and you'll need to talk to an existing admin to get your app added or your permissions updated.

Hi

I am the site admin

Permissions are just one reason you might not have an option.   I wanted to mention it in case it was the problem here, and if other people land here.

Like Robin Stemmers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

494 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you