I cannot seem to find the Office connector to install in the Connfluence Cloud version we have.

Kanchana Jayasuriya October 19, 2020

I cannot seem to find the Office connector to install in the Connfluence Cloud version we have.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

Hello Kanchana, welcome to the Community!

Confluence Cloud doesn't use the Office connector like you may have experienced with Confluence Server. Instead, when clicking the "Edit with" option in a preview, users will see the option to install the Atlassian Companion if they don't have it already:

image2020-4-6_13-16-58

From there, files should open in the native application on the local computer (Word for docx, Excel for xlsx, etc). When the file is saved, it will re-upload to Confluence Cloud as a new version of the attachment. No Office Connector app required.

Cheers,
Daniel

Kanchana Jayasuriya October 19, 2020

Thanks Daniel. I did try this option. Unfortuantely I only get the option to download for Mac. 

even with the updates are completed in either word or excel, they updated file doesn't seem to re-upload the file to Confluence and none of the updates get saved either. 

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2020

Yes, I have seen some browsers fail to show the download buttons correctly. Another way to get the Windows installer is by going here:

and clicking the direct download link for Windows

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events