I cannot see my Space Tools button (v5.9.6)

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configure the Sidebar

I cannot see my Space Tools button at the bottom of the sidebar. I am a space admin and used to see this button on previous confluence releases.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Dec 07, 2016

I'll submit this as a different Answer – You have the Documentation Theme applied. All of the menu options are under the Browse menu instead.

If you want the configurable sidebar and tools button, you'll need to apply the normal look and feel under Theme.

I am not sure that the theme is the issue. Let me ask a little different question: how do I configure the list of wiki pages that are available from the sidebar?

image2016-12-8 11:52:41.png

Steven Behnke Community Champion Dec 08, 2016

Something must be set to the Documentation Theme somewhere. Can you check the Global theme as well?

I really can't comment on configuring the Documentation Theme, I haven't used it in years.

Perhaps you are not a Space Admin in that space? Perhaps you have the old Documentation theme applied? We can't possibly help you if you don't include screenshots or information.

To my understanding, I am an admin of this space. Please see the attached screenshot.

image2016-12-7 7:43:8.png

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

357 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you