I cannot save space permissions despite being admin

Edwin Korver October 26, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Assign Space Permissions

I've been able to set permissions earlier, but today I don't appear to be able to save any changes to the permissions, at least not in Confluence. I can click on Save .. the button turns grey .. but it only allows any change to be turned into a View-mode.

8 answers

1 vote
Ingrid Sluimer November 4, 2015

After some searching I found this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-38103

Surprisingly, our problem indeed relates to whitespace in group-names. Only when the permissions-list contains one or more groups with whitespace in the group-name, then it is impossible to save in certain browsers. In a new test-Space with only users in the permissions and a group without whitespace, I can save on Safari on MacOS.

Notes:

• It is impossible to remove the groups that have whitespace to recover from this problem, because that would require that same save action that is broken.
  • Workaround of using Firefox works.

Unfortunately the Confluence bug is marked resolved. I have added a comment and asked to re-open.

0 votes
Roman Verraest November 2, 2015

Same problem here on Chrome both on Mac and Windows and Safari on Mac.

0 votes
Ingrid Sluimer November 1, 2015

I am still experiencing this problem at this moment with our Confluence Cloud instance: on Mac OSX (10.10), I cannot save permissions to Confluence spaces on Safari (8) and not on Chrome (45). I CAN save on Firefox (37) but this is rather cumbersome as I never use Firefox normally.

EDIT: resolved now for us because of an update of Confluence Cloud, which includes this fix: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-39701

0 votes
CEDRIC NGUYEN October 30, 2015

It was not working with Safari on MacOS too.

0 votes
Chris Wallingford October 30, 2015

It's a Chrome specific issue. Try another browser or maybe the IE Tab chrome extension.

0 votes
jenine wech October 30, 2015

We are having the same problem. The changed settings will not save - button just turns grey. This appears to be a browser issue - changed to IE and it worked. Chrome does not.

0 votes
CEDRIC NGUYEN October 28, 2015

Same thing for us.

0 votes
Chris Wallingford October 27, 2015

Ditto

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events