I cannot restore archived pages because I do not have a restore button

BiancaR November 29, 2022

Hi all,

We accidentally moved a lot of nested pages to the archive. Now I want to restore these folders with all nested pages into their original hierarchy.

I tried the command "Move" but with this I cannot move the page back to the space because the subfolders with the same name already exist.

And I do not find any restore button as described in the Confluence help.

Can anyone help me? I want to avoid to move every single page manually (there are hundreds...)

THX!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

@BiancaR Welcome to the Atlassian Community. Sorry you crash landed here.

Not all users have permission to restore archived pages, and depending on the permissions you have been assigned by your admin you may or may not see the restore capability on the archived pages you are viewing. Moving pages is not the same as restoring them, and should not even be available as an option on an archived page.

That being said, even if you could see it, there is currently no bulk restore option available.

Here is the documentation regarding restoring Archived pages in Cloud. 

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/restore-archived-pages-to-the-page-tree/

I hope this helps.

BiancaR November 29, 2022

Thanks Andy! That answer helps...even though not my problem but now I know that bulk restroring is not possible.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2023

@BiancaR I hope your Atlassian journey is going well. If my answer helped you please kindly mark it as accepted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events