I cannot login to remove SAML on Confluence Cloud

Tristan January 3, 2021

I contacted Atlassian Support, only to be told to post this here as I have a free account.. My personal account is a free account! I purchased Atlassian Access this morning on my company account. But because it's dead, I cannot raise a ticket there. This is absolutely rubbish support. I had to purchase Atlassian Access to even able SAML SSO.

I enabled SAML SSO on Confluence Cloud / Atlassian Access to enable SSO with Azure. Stupidly, I entered the URLs manually and switched the order of the URLs. Now I cannot login to my account. Nor, recover my account. Nor, raise a ticket with support. Nor, can I use "Can't login?" as it's "having trouble logging me in."

Based on this single interaction, I think it will be time for us to migrate away from Atlassian and I intend to encourage other technical colleagues to do the same.  It would have taken someone a minute to read my original request, and even less time to realise my request was not insane. 

My original ticket was: CA-1215457

Disappointed user.

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

I understand the frustration here, there's a loopy hole in the support process for the cheap/free accounts and you've fallen into it.  

There are problems that need back-end access to the services, which only Atlassian can do, so you need a support call, but you get pushed to the Community who don't have that access, and we can only say "you'll need to talk to Atlassian", which just puts you back where you started.  (A cynic might argue that "you get what you pay for") 

The community picks these up and refers them to Atlassian for direct attention instead of looping them, I've done that now.

0 votes
Tristan January 19, 2021

Yes, this was resolved - thank you.

I'm sure your other customers and potential customers would certainly appreciate not being bounced directly to the forums for an issue which has no hope of being resolved here.

This single interaction has changed my view and relationship with Atlassian. And while it might just come across as a frustrated free customer.. I have used and championed Atlassian products for the past 13 years, managed our large corporate account and supported its uptake. While a lot has changed in that time, it is quickly becoming a solution I can no longer champion primarily due to the new sales direction, and support issues such as this. I really get the sense that Atlassian has lost its roots. 

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2021

Hello there @Tristan ! Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on the situation you were facing. Situations like this do happen, but we do try to provide the best workflow possible.

Better results can only be achieve by understanding and following through your feedback, which is what makes it so important for us.

I have checked your original ticket (CA-1215457) and verified that the access to your site has been successfully restored by our Team! The ticket was actually resolved on January 4th, the day @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- reached out to us!

So, if there is anything else, let us know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events