Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't run both jira and confluence on aws

유태훈 August 1, 2018

hi,

I purchased JIRA and Confluence licenses.

I installed it on one AWS EC2 instance, but when I run both of them, I do not run one.
If you run JIRA first, Confluence will not run, and if you run Confluence, JIRA will not run.
What should I do? Let me know how to fix it.

error message :

Existing PID file found during start.

Removing/clearing stale PID file.

Tomcat started.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2018

You need to read the log files to find out what the errors are.  It might be memory related, but I suspect it is something else.

We can't really tell you much more than that, you need to read the logs.

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2018

Hello, 

what AWS server are your using ? how much RAM do you have ?

You should remember that both Confluence and Jira need a minimum of 4GB RAM each, so your server should not have less than 8GB at the very minimum.

Also, you shoud try and look at the "<JIRA_HOME>/log/atlassian-jira.log" file and look for line starting  with ERROR if you want to give useful log information.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2018

Actually, you can run both for a smallish number of users on a machine with only 4Gb RAM.  (For up to 100 users, 1Gb RAM each will work, although I'd be looking at 1.5 well before I got to 100 users).  They don't need that amount of memory until you start to put significant load on them.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2018

From my experience on AWS with small VPS, you'll have significant slowdowns with 2GB RAM and need a big swap file as well, otherwise your instance will crash with OutOfMemory errors.

I wouldn't even try to run both on the same 4GB server, unless it's a dedicated machine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events