I can't create labels on my pages, receiving GraphQL error: Unexpected HTTP status: 500

Michael Walker July 24, 2019

Im trying to create a basic label on a single page and I keep getting this error.  I update Java.  What am I missing here?

5 answers

1 vote
Daniel Hartung June 3, 2020

I am having the same issue. What do I have to do?
Thanks

1 vote
Ralf_Scholler April 20, 2020

I have the same issue.

1 vote
Beat Luescher February 25, 2020

This is exactly  the behaviour I have. Not able to add any label.

Chris Gray June 9, 2020

I get the 500 error if I try to use . in the label.

It should be made clear what characters are allowed and the error message needs to be explicit why it fails

Deleted user June 11, 2020

Agree.  I added text and clicked the create before the add....but due to using a . it continues to produce the error.

0 votes
Scott DeLugan June 16, 2022

This issue is back. The only option to add a label is to click the "Create" option in the drop-down menu that appears after entering a new label name.

When I try adding a label by clicking on the option in the drop-down menu, the GraphQL error message appears. Yesterday there was no issue adding labels. We are using Confluence Cloud. (See two screenshots below.)

Any suggestion as to why this is happening?

Thank you.

Adding_label_error_A.pngAdding_label_error_B.png

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2019

Hello Michael,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you.

Could you confirm your Confluence version? There's a bug with Confluence Cloud where adding a label without text produces that error. There's a video attached of the behavior.

• CONFCLOUD-67347 Hitting Add button on label dialogue without any text produces error

Can you tell me if this is the behavior you're experiencing? If not, could you share with us a video or describe the exact behavior you're encountering?

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2019

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to follow-up with you and let you know that I've confirmed this behavior on my own instance and I can say that the same occurs also if you do not select the Create dialogue from the drop-down that shows in case you are creating a new label.

I've included a short video on the bug above that shows how I worked around it.

Could you confirm if you are able to resolve the issue this way?

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Like heather.stark likes this
Oscar Marquez August 24, 2020

Hi @Shannon S I am having this problem now.  I am adding tags referenced to an index like @"6.1.2" but is not working working for me

graphql error: unexpected http status: 500

image.png

Like Deleted user likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2020

Hi Oscar,

This indeed could be related. There's also a 2nd bug with the similar behavior when using special characters, as you did:

• CONFCLOUD-68993 Adding label with Special Characters produces GraphQL error: Unexpected HTTP status 500

I would recommend watching both so that you can updated when this has been fixed. In the meantime, avoid using special characters in your labels, and you should no longer encounter the issue.

Let me know if you have any trouble, or if you continue to experience the issue after removing the characters.

Take care,

Shannon

Like Oscar Marquez likes this
Alf H_ Solbjør August 30, 2020

I got the same error message trying to add the label, nets

nes.png

John R Alexander November 9, 2020

Hi Alf,

Were you able to click on the Create section prior to Adding the Label?create.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events