I can't add an existing user to Confluence

Michelle Zhou
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 4, 2018

I'm trying to add a user to my Confluence space. He already has a Confluence account.

However, when I go to the page > space settings > edit space permissions, I can't find his account when I search "Individual Users" for his email address. In addition, I can't find his account when I click the little magnifying glass and use "User Search". 

I sent him an invite link to join Confluence but it did not let him join since he already has an account under the email address.

Any way I can get around this? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

Michelle, 

It sounds like the user you are trying to invite does not have a Confluence license. Please make sure that they are in the groups necessary to have the "Can use" permission. Typically this will be "confluence-users".

To check if this is the case, navigate to "Administration">"Global Permissions". There you should be able to identify which groups have "Can Use". Once you've established the necessary group(s) with that permission, search for him underneath the user management section. If you can, add him to one of the groups identified from the previous step. You should now be able to add him to your space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events