I am unable to delete a page in Confluence even though I am an admin with the rights

Declan Griffith-Barwell September 28, 2018

I am trying to delete a confluence page which was created by a user no longer with the company. The account still exists but is disabled.

When trying to delete we just get the spinning loading circle which stays for hours. Is it possible this is not deleting because the creator/author/owner is a disabled user?

I have looked into how to change the owner for pages but it all points to database changes which I would like to avoid

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2018

Hi @Declan Griffith-Barwell

I don't see why the disabled user would be the cause of this, but I guess it is possible.  You can test it by asking your site-admin to reactivate the user then log in with those credentials (there is a "Log in as user" button.) and see if the page can be deleted. 

-Scott

Declan Griffith-Barwell September 28, 2018

Hi @Scott Theus, just tried this and the page deleted with no issues once the right permissions were assigned.

Perhaps in future if the user was deleted and not just disabled this would work?

Unfortunately this user is not one we can test with as we need to keep on the system for audit purposes

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2018

Good news, I'm glad I was able to help.

I strongly recommend disabling users, not deleting them; you'll lose a lot of history and run into all sorts of issues if you delete users. 

-Scott 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events